xfce4-iconbox doesn't start

Julien Gabel jpeg at thilelli.net
Mon Apr 19 07:00:05 PDT 2004

> I cvsup'ed the ports tree and did a portupgrade xfce* in /var/db/pkg
> The build went fine without errors. But when I start xfce, the iconbox
> on the top is missing.
> So I tried starting xfce4-iconbox from an xterm window. Which is giving
> me the following error:
>
> [mhettwer at acchilles] <~> $ xfce4-iconbox
> ** Message: xfce4-iconbox: Running without session manager
>
> Any hint were to search for a solution ?

The iconbox is generally launched automatically when you use the port
xfce4-session (which is not part of xfce4 because it is always in
development ; I personally don't use it because of stability problem),
which explain the warning. But this is not an error, and the iconbox
must be launched: at least it is the case on my desktop. Are you sure
the iconbox is not start after issuing the command?

--
-jpeg.