4.10-BETA named (not) starting

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Apr 19 03:27:35 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 09:50:51AM -0400 I heard the voice of
Kenneth W Cochran, and lo! it spake thus:

> This is what I have:
>
> named_flags="-u bind -g bind -t /etc/namedb"
   [...]
> That would be /etc/named/named.conf  (spelling :)

No, the config file gets loaded AFTER you chroot to the directory you
specified with `-t`.  And since that's /etc/namedb, and it's expecting
to find an /etc/namedb/named.conf, the file should actually be in
/etc/namedb/etc/namedb/named.conf.  You'd have to specify with -c
where it is relative to the chroot.

The `ndc start` worked because it doesn't include the args in rc.conf,
so it's not chroot'd (or running as bind, for that matter...)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net