USB Rio 600 error: usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Thu Apr 8 06:56:04 PDT 2004

Up until now I've had almost no serious problems communication with my USB
attached Rio 600 using rioutil (audio/rioutil), however with my last
update with sources cvsup'ed on the 3rd of April, attempting to do so
results in the error "usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT".

The device is recognised as normal and usbd attaches and detaches it fine.

urio0: Diamond Multimedia Diamond Multimedia  Digital Audio Player, rev
00/1.00, addr 2
usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT
urio0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
urio0: detached

FreeBSD hal9000.halplant.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Sat Apr  3 17:51:29 EST 2004     toor at hal9000.halplant.com:/data/obj/data/src/sys/HAL9000  i386

More system details available[1]. I have a new world and kernel which just
finished building from sources cvsup'ed this morning, but can't test again
until later.

My own research on this error has only turned and old NetBSD issue, but
the recent USB changes are presumably the first suspect. Your advice is
appreciated.

[1] http://halplant.com:88/systems.html
    http://halplant.com:88/server/config/

-Andrew-