ssh no longer connecting automatically

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Fri Apr 2 12:15:53 PST 2004

Daren Desjardins <desjardins at canada.com> writes:
> The server is 4.9release, client is 4.9 stable. I have both base ssh and
> openssh 3.8p1 installed, both of which have the same error connecting to
> hosts.

OK, so 4.9-RELEASE can talk to 4.9-RELEASE and 4.9-STABLE can talk to
4.9-STABLE, but 4.9-STABLE can't talk to 4.9-RELEASE?

The strange thing is that there have been practically no changes in
OpenSSH or OpenSSL since 4.9-RELEASE, until OpenSSL 0.9.7d was MFCed
earlier today.  The only changes in OpenSSH are a documentation nit
and a patch for a low-impact memory leak.

Could you compare src/crypto and src/secure on the two machines?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no