fsck stall'd?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at xevious.kicks-ass.net
Tue Sep 30 17:28:58 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 2003 September 30 18:00, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> I'm up to a 3.5hr fsck on a 100gb file system, and am worried it
> might have stalled or soething, since all I have on the screen is:

The last time I had to fsck a filesytem anywhere near that big (60G+ /
var on a Usenet server running Linux), it took over a day. Would have
been less had I not had to answer "yes" on the console every few
minutes, take a break for lunch, or go home to sleep.

For future reference, I would only get worried if it's still there after
a solid day.

--
Shawn K. Quinn