"No route to host after certain time" is fxp only?

Ryan J.Taylor rj at ncia.net
Sun Sep 28 05:51:20 PDT 2003

I saw the problem on machines with two fxp interfaces (mostly traffic
shapers).  I rolled back to RELENG_4_8 at -p7 and waited for -p10 to
show up.  That fixed it.

For me the default route would just disappear.  I could add it manually
and then watch it disappear.  I also saw one machine which would just
drop an interface.  Reconfiguring it with ifconfig brought it live
again but it would die eventually.  A constant ping to the interface
kept it alive until I could get -p10 installed.

All is well now.

RJ