Recap of stable/4.9 status, please?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Sat Sep 27 22:01:51 PDT 2003

Thank you! It looks as if I'll be installing 4.8-RELEASE-p10 on
some servers, but bringing in the latest Sendmail -- and BIND
9 with Paul's patch for Verislime -- rather than using the versions
of Sendmail and BIND in the base install. I'd go with djb for DNS,
but the only override for Network Pollutions' jokers (oops, I mean
wildcards) that's available for djb is a poor hack by Russ Nelson.
It's dependent upon Verislime keeping the same IP address for their
"sitefinder" server(s) for all time, and we cannot (of course) trust
them to do that (or, in fact, trust them with anything).

--Brett Glass