Patch for boot-time USB hangs in 4.9-PRERELEASE

regis rampnoux regisr at regix.com
Sat Sep 27 10:27:02 PDT 2003

On 27-Sep-2003 Ian Dowse wrote:

> Could people who are experiencing boot-time hangs in 4.9-PRERELEASE
> try the following patch to see if it helps? I've had one positive
> report so far, but it would be helpful to get more feedback to
> determine if this is the right fix to be committed.

It is working for me. (and I have removed the patch from Andrew Atrens
on usb.c before of course ;-)

My USB config is :
ohci0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem
0xdf000000-0xdf000fff irq 9 at device 2.0 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: AcerLabs OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

Thanks
--
régis