I've had enough. I'm starting a DNS blackhole list.

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Fri Sep 26 10:43:33 PDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Jan L. Peterson wrote:

> > How are you finding out what they added?  Does freshclam offer the
> > option of telling you?
>
> When you run freshclam, include an options like this:
> 	--on-update-execute=/path/to/freshclam.successful
>
> freshclam.successful is attached... you'll need to edit the e-mail
> address that it sends the update report to.  Oddly, it tells me
> every day that some 200+ virus definitions were modified, but I
> can't see that they were.  It hasn't bugged me enough to fix it,
> though. :-)

Thanks!  What looks like a bunch of odd updates probably happens when
they merge viruses.db2 into viruses.db and then empty out viruses.db2.
Two separate virus db files, only one of which is updated frequently,
is a pretty good way to keep the update traffic down since the
frequently updated file is much smaller.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?