USB keyboard problem

plasma plasmaball at pchome.com.tw
Thu Sep 25 02:36:05 PDT 2003

Hi all,

  I had a usb->ps/2 adaptor, which could connects to a keyboard and a
mouse. Connecting to my IBM ThinkPad X23, FreeBSD could detects two
usb devices:

  ukbd0: GM-TEK USB Composite Device, rev 1.01/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1
  kbd1 at ukbd0
  ums0: GM-TEK USB Composite Device, rev 1.01/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1
  ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

The mouse is good, and it works perfectly.  But the keyboard has a
problem.  If I type a little fast, some characters will repeat.  Say I
just keep repeating 'd' and 'f', I might get:

  dfdfddfddfddfddf

This is annoying!  The ukbd is just nearly unusable.  I've tested on
4.8-p8, 4.9-PRERELEASE, and 4.9-PRERELEASE with
http://www.josef-k.net/misc/RELENG_4-USB-20030828.patch.gz patch.
Nothing improves.

The same adaptor and keyboard was tested on Windows and Linux.  They
worked just perfectly.  The characters showed up smoothly no matter
how fast I typed, and didn't repeat itself.

I did some google and found
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-August/015018.html
had the same problem like I had.  But there seems no follow ups.

Could somebody help?

plasma

 ¾Ç¹q¸£ÁÙ¦³¸É§U ,¤£©È§O¤H·m¶º¸J!!
 http://edm-prg.epaper.com.tw/click.php?ad_code=24259