"Noroute to host after certaintime"is fxp only?

Jeff Love jl at burghcom.com
Wed Sep 24 17:12:28 PDT 2003

Mike Tancsa writes:

> It looks like a fix just got committed into the tree.
>
> bms         2003/09/24 14:48:00 PDT
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
>     sys/netinet          if_ether.c
>   Log:
> Fix a logic error in the check to see if arplookup() should free the
> route.
>
>   Noticed by:     Mike Hogsett
>   Reviewed by:    ru
>
>   Revision   Changes    Path
>   1.64.2.26  +1 -1      src/sys/netinet/if_ether.c
>

>         ---Mike

The patch provided by BMS looked exactly like the one on the security
advisory, thus I have not applied it.
Due to the fact that this machine was not patched but was cvsup(RELENG_4_8),
and not being able to route to any cvsup server I had to manually update
if_ether.c

Changed;
 ----- snip -----
      if (why) {
              if (create)
                      log(LOG_DEBUG, "arplookup %s failed: %s\n",
                          inet_ntoa(sin.sin_addr), why);

              /* If there are no references to this route, purge it */
              if (rt->rt_refcnt <= 0 &&
                  (rt->rt_flags & RTF_WASCLONED) != RTF_WASCLONED) {
                      rtrequest(RTM_DELETE,
                                      (struct sockaddr *)rt_key(rt),
                                      rt->rt_gateway, rt_mask(rt),
                                      rt->rt_flags, 0);
              }
              return (0);
       }
       return ((struct llinfo_arp *)rt->rt_llinfo);
 }
 ----- snip -----
To;
 ----- snip -----
      if (why && create) {
              log(LOG_DEBUG, "arplookup %s failed: %s\n",
                  inet_ntoa(sin.sin_addr), why);
              return 0;
      } else if (why) {
              return 0;
       }
       return ((struct llinfo_arp *)rt->rt_llinfo);
 }
 ----- snip -----

I then recompiled and installed kernel. Network seems to be back in order,
with reverted if_ether.c. I suppose I've violated my src tree with this
edit(4.8-RELEASE-p8 with older if_ether.c), so I'll cvsup ASAP for the
correct fix.

Thanks for the help!

<
< Jeff Love