"No route to host after certain time" is fxp only?

David G. Lawrence dg at dglawrence.com
Wed Sep 24 13:42:19 PDT 2003

> Is this happening only with fxp (intel) network cards? I run them, and
> have only seen this problem detailed regarding fxp cards thus far on
> this list.

   Someone reported the problem with the vr chips as well. It does not appear
to have anything to do with the driver. It appears to be caused by the 'arp
security fix' that was committed last week.

> Any idea if there is a fix forthcoming?

   It should be backed out immediately, troubleshooted, and recommitted
later when it has been debugged - hopefully in time for the 4.9 release.
This is another serious bug coming in right before the release which is
only going to turn people off of -stable again, precisely at the time when
we need the most people using it.

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com - (888) 346 7175
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.