pcm0 freezes computer with recent -STABLE

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 22 17:37:55 PDT 2003

In message: <3F6F8857.200 at tenebras.com>
            Michael Sierchio <kudzu at tenebras.com> writes:
: Patrick C wrote:
: > I just cvsup'd Sept 21, installed everything today... kernel freezes when
: > detecting pcm0 during boot. After removing my soundcard, I'm able to boot no
: > problem. Any major changes to pcm0 in -STABLE lately?
:
: This happened intermittently to my Dell Inspiron -- there is a bug
: in the pcibus.c device probe, actually.   See if the following cures
: it.  Warner supposedly had a more correct revision, but I don't
: think it's been mfc'd.

Yes.  I'm pretty sure it has been MFC'd.  Checking just now shows that
it has been MFC'd.

Warner