4.9 stability update

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 20 22:05:29 PDT 2003

On 18 Sep, Scott Long wrote:
> All,
> We'd like to get a new poll on the stability and readiness of 4.9.  The
> belief is that the last of the PAE-induced instability was resolved on
> August 31.  Is anyone still experiencing unusual crashes, corruption,
> etc, on a system that is running with up-to-date sources?  Now is the
> time to speak up and get the problems resolved so that we can make the
> deadline by next weekend.  Any new testing would be highly appreciated,
> especially in reduced-memory configurations and of course >4GB PAE
> configurations.

I waited for the second PAE bugfix before I upgraded my two -stable
boxes.  I my firewall and mail+desktop hosts to the a September 6th
version of -stable and ran that until I upgraded again on September 18th
to get the latest security fixes.  I haven't run into any stability

More information about the freebsd-stable mailing list