reboot after panic: ata_dmasetup:...

Vladimir I. Chukharev chu at h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi
Sat Sep 20 14:26:00 PDT 2003

Hi.

If anybody wants to dig into a kernel crash, I placed the files from
/var/crash
on http://h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi/chu/crash/
all.log from the last hour before and the boot time after the crash  is
also there,
as well as kernel config file (SVAK) and kernel.debug.
I can add whatever you need for better debugging on request. :)

The box was building world, and some ports also, and I was using gimp before
the crash.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD svak.h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi 4.9-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE
#12: Wed Sep 10 22:50:46 EEST 2003
root at svak.h33.erkki.ton.tut.fi:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SVAK  i386

The kernel crashes do not happen often to me, not at all...

Best regards,
V.Chukharev