Invalid time in realtime clock

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sat Sep 20 08:19:11 PDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:27:46 -0400 (EDT)
Kim Culhan <fbsd_stable1 at w8hd.org> wrote:

KC> This is 4.9-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE #9: Fri Sep 19 20:32:15
KC> EDT 2003

	I'm not sure of the relationship between EDT and UTC.

KC> The system time returned by date(1) is advanced 4 hours from the
KC> correct time.

	I'm guessing EDT is four hours ahead of UTC.

KC> The CMOS clock is set to local time and appears correct.

	So is there a  /etc/wall_cmos_clock file ? If not and you intend
to keep your CMOS clock on local time then you will need to touch this
file and run adjkerntz -i as root. The system clock is expected to be
running on UTC.

	See man adjkerntz for the gory details.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun