Mail selection options in sysinstall(8).

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Sat Sep 20 00:11:12 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:45:25PM -0400, a clever sheep wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 02:05:36PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > I don't think it is possible (with the way mergemaster is supposed to
> > work) to teach it about this kind of changes.  You could probably make a
> > pre compare script, and use that on your systems, but I havn't tried to
> > do that.
>
> would it be possible to add an option to mergemaster (similar to
> IGNORE_MOTD) to make it ignore the pertinent mail files?

If the packages would simply leave the $FreeBSD: $ id tag in the file,
mergemaster will only bug you when the stock version of mailer.conf is
next modified.  Then you just merge the changes by accepting the new id
tag and using the existing functional lines.

If the packages keep doing what they do, you only need be botherred by
mergemaster the first time after the install.

lambert at lambertfam.org