Mail selection options in sysinstall(8).

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 19 05:10:17 PDT 2003

On 2003.09.19 13:39:00 +0200, Eirik Oeverby wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:13:20 +0200
> "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a good idea.  Postfix and Exim were mainly chosen because
> > we knew them, but the code was written with the intention to support
> > more MTA's.
>
> Great. The obvious choice would be qmail. Not sure if that one
> integrates/replaces sendmail cleanly though.

As mentioned by Tom's original mail that isn't possible due to the qmail
license.  You can go bug djb about it :-) (though I doubt it will change
anything).

Note, the license is the reason why qmail isn't included, it's not a
crusade against qmail - I also use qmail myself some places.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team