Mail selection options in sysinstall(8).

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 19 05:05:39 PDT 2003

On 2003.09.19 12:30:02 +0100, Pete French wrote:
> > This is just a quick note that the MTA installation options in
> > sysinstall(8) has changed.  Users now have the option of choosing
> > between Sendmail, Postfix, and Exim.
>
> Sounds good - how is this going to work with mergemaster by the way ? Is it
> always going to complain about mailwrapper and invite the user to
> switch back to sendmail, or will it recognise that exim (or whatever) was
> installed  originally ?

It's going to "complain", a little anyway, in the same way as it would
do if you had installed the MTA manually as a port/package, and set the
appropriate options to make it work (mainly mailer.conf, periodic.conf
and newsyslog).

I don't think it is possible (with the way mergemaster is supposed to
work) to teach it about this kind of changes.  You could probably make a
pre compare script, and use that on your systems, but I havn't tried to
do that.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team