Mail selection options in sysinstall(8).

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 19 04:55:34 PDT 2003

On 2003.09.19 00:34:56 +0200, Clement Laforet wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:13:20 +0200
> "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > To add an extra MTA to sysinstall requires that there is a package
> > available, and we need to know if there is any extra steps are needed
> > to make it "just work" out of the box.  If you can supply this
> > information I can rather quickly make a patch to add another MTA to
> > sysinstall.
>
> I mainly use ssmtp and i can tell you that the package uses correctly
> mailwrapper, except for -bd options, but I can make a patch to silently
> ignore this, since ssmtp is not a daemon.
> If you like the idea, I can check all packages and provide sysinstall
> patch.

I think it would be great with another alternative.  I saw that the
ssmtp package is very small, so that shouldn't be a problem to fit it on
disc1.

I'm not sure if it's a problem that it doesn't support -bd, I actually
don't think so.

If you can provide a patch for sysinstall it is of course even better
:-).  If you have any questions about how to implement it, it's probably
better to do it off list.

--
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team