two minor lpr gripes

roger n. tospott rone at ennui.org
Thu Sep 18 10:48:21 PDT 2003

/usr/src/usr.sbin/lpr/common_source/lp.local.h currently has

    #define      DEFMX           1000

Given the size of files nowadays, shouldn't this be a little larger?

Also, maybe it's just me, but given this (from man printcap):

     Name       Type      Default                Description
     mx         num       1000                   maximum file size (in BUFSIZ
                                                 blocks), zero = unlimited

it's not obvious to me that "Type num" means that, if i wanted an
unlimited maximum file size, the printcap entry should be "mx#0",
rather than "mx=0".  Perhaps more expressive examples could be helpful
in /usr/src/etc/printcap.

thanks
rone
--
"I don't even know you.  What if you're a psycho?"
"Would a psycho waste the last of his triple-sec?"