strange problem with: ed driver / 4.9-PRE

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-stable-local at be-well.no-ip.com
Tue Sep 16 01:15:38 PDT 2003

Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco at giovannelli.it> writes:

> At 16/09/2003, Gregory Bond wrote:
> > > Sep 15 15:54:21 test2 /kernel: module_register: module pci/ed
> > already exists!
> >
> > >  Any idea on what is happening ?
> >
> >Does your loader.conf also try to load the if_ed module?
>
> Nope it has only:
> # -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
> userconfig_script_load="YES"
>
> Btw these boxes where updated recently (4.9-PRE) and before never
> shows this error :-)

There's a real bug here somewhere; I'm guessing it's related to
pccardd, but I haven't had time to track it down exactly.  If I recall
correctly (which I may not), it showed up around the time of the
OLDCARD MFC.

It's not a completely trivial bug, either; the modules don't load
properly even if they're needed, so I have to have the drivers
compiled into the kernel to have networking.