is stable stable yet?

Michael L. Squires mikes at siralan.org
Fri Sep 12 10:49:45 PDT 2003

> If you cant get crash dumps then try at least hooking up a serial console
> to it so at least you see the panic saved on your console.  If you are not
> seeing a panic, or if the panic is in random places, its probably hardware.

Between 8/20 and 9/9 I had two or three crashes a day that looked like this.
There were no error messages, just reboots.  It did look like hardware,
but apparently wasn't.

Running a kernel compiled from cvsup'd sources from 9/9 solved this problem.

The system has been running  buildworld, installworld, and portupgrade
most of the time since then with no problems.

Mike Squires