FreeBSD 4.9-PRE+ nvidia

dcx dcy dcbsdx at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:57:50 PDT 2003

Hello Kris,

Yes, i actually reinstall this driver each time I rebuild my kernel or
rebuild my world.

I tried to reinstall this driver about 2 times after I upgraded the first
time.

I upgrade and rebuild my world yesterday, reinstall driver again, and it
still doesn't work.

I am also sure that my video card is working properly, as I tested it on my
roommate computer (win2k).

When I use "nvidia" driver,  it stops on a line similar like this one on my
XFree86.0.log even with verbose and logverbose options:

(==) NV(0): Write-combining range (0xa0000,0x10000) was already clear.

Thank alot,
Dom.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 02:04:47AM +0000, dcx dcy wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have the same problem as described by Dmitry a day ago in a topic
>similar.
> >
> > I am able to use x11 with base driver "nv" but when I load "nvidia"
>driver,
> > startx
> > simply crash my machine and reboot after 5 seconds. I have a similar log
>
>Did you recompile the driver module when you upgraded your kernel?
>
>Kris
><< attach3 >>
:q