FreeBSD 4.9-PRE+ nvidia

dcx dcy dcbsdx at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 19:04:48 PDT 2003

Hello all.

I have the same problem as described by Dmitry a day ago in a topic similar.

I am able to use x11 with base driver "nv" but when I load "nvidia" driver,
startx
simply crash my machine and reboot after 5 seconds. I have a similar log
file as reported by Dmitry even using startx+logverbose option. XF86Config
file is similar,except it is not the same nvidia video card. I use a Geforce
256.

X was working well before using nvidia driver with 4.8 stable.
I even run this driver on freebsd-current for almost a year.

Normally, I can set this driver easily, even on freebsd current release.

This time, i have tried everything, even things that I never done before to
let this driver work.

Here is an example:

nvidia install options, kernel tuning+ rebuild, boot loader options,
XF86config options and even some sysctl parameters to let it work.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks alot

Dom.