Make installworld failure

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Thu Sep 11 09:24:39 PDT 2003

On Thursday 11 September 2003 07:04 am, Elliott Perrin wrote:
> Please cc me, I am not on either list
>
> I tried the RELENG_4_8 as a workaround with the exact same error as
> before.
>
> vm/vnode_pager.h -> vm/vnode_pager.ph
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph.
> *** Error code 1
>
> and a bunch of other error code 1's back up the directory tree.

These aren't the error message. The error 1's are telling you that you
have an error. If you can't see it, you need to redirect stdout and
stderr from your installworld to a file.

Since it is dying in 2 different tags, and no one else is having
problems, the first assumption is that you have something wrong in your
setup. For example, are you cvsuping src-all? Do you have anything in
/etc/make.conf? Are you running the installworld from single user mode
and etc.

Kent

> eperrin at cseven.ca
>
> on 9/9/03 6:18 PM, Alex de Kruijff at freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:36:12PM -0400, Elliott Perrin wrote:
> >> Good Day,
> >>
> >> Please cc me ( eperrin at cseven.ca ) on responses to this, I am not
> >> on either mailing list anymore.
> >>
> >> I cvsup'ed on the STABLE branch today (September 9th) at around
> >> 2:30PM EDT. No problems with buildworld or kernel build, but I am
> >> getting failures during installworld
> >
> > You could try the RELENG_4_8 tag instead of STABLE as a work
> > around.

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA