Make installworld failure

Elliott Perrin eperrin at cseven.ca
Tue Sep 9 13:36:40 PDT 2003

Good Day,

Please cc me ( eperrin at cseven.ca ) on responses to this, I am not on either
mailing list anymore.

I cvsup'ed on the STABLE branch today (September 9th) at around 2:30PM EDT.
No problems with buildworld or kernel build, but I am getting failures
during installworld

Error and output from uname -a are below.

vm/pmap.h -> vm/pmap.ph
vm/swap_pager.h -> vm/swap_pager.ph
vm/vm.h -> vm/vm.ph
vm/vm_extern.h -> vm/vm_extern.ph
vm/vm_kern.h -> vm/vm_kern.ph
vm/vm_map.h -> vm/vm_map.ph
vm/vm_object.h -> vm/vm_object.ph
vm/vm_page.h -> vm/vm_page.ph
vm/vm_pageout.h -> vm/vm_pageout.ph
vm/vm_pager.h -> vm/vm_pager.ph
vm/vm_param.h -> vm/vm_param.ph
vm/vm_zone.h -> vm/vm_zone.ph
vm/vnode_pager.h -> vm/vnode_pager.ph
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
[localhost] /usr/src# uname -a
FreeBSD localhost 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #1: Fri Jan  3 21:06:53 EST
2003     eperrin at localhost:/usr/src/sys/compile/FIEND  i386

Strangely enough, using the mkcdroot port allowed me to build and install a
system without this error, albeit not as a base system. (need to cut some
CD's for 2 firewalls)

Any pointers appreciated

Thanks
eperrin at cseven.ca