No nonodump...

Ceri Davies setantae at submonkey.net
Mon Sep 8 10:48:33 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:57:24AM -0600, Sean Page wrote:
> I'm not sure where else to ask about this, so please excuse me if this is
> the wrong forum. In trying to remove a 'nodump' flag on a directory with the
> 'chflags' command I have noticed that the 'nonodump' flag does not function.
> I see an open PR for the problem:
> o [2003/01/09] i386/46912 johan chflags nonodump fails
> I was wondering when this might be dealt with? Else is there another way to
> remove the flag?

From the chflags manpage:

     Putting the letters ``no'' before or removing the letters ``no'' from a
     keyword causes the flag to be cleared.  For example:

           nouchg  clear the user immutable flag (owner or super-user only)
           dump    clear the nodump flag (owner or super-user only)

Ceri
--
User: DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR?
Iniaes: Sure, I can accept all forms of payment.