spontaneous reboot

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Thu Sep 4 08:17:53 PDT 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 05:44 am, Miha Nedok wrote:
> -STABLE name does *not* mean it is really stable. This was discused a
> zillion years before. But run what you want to run.

FreeBSD-STABLE is the stable development branch.  If the words
"development branch" don't explain the situation to you, nothing else
will.  If you run -STABLE, you are expected to read the stable mail list,
keep up with what is there, and make intelligent decisions about when to
upgrade.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes at softweyr.com