Can get no STABLE

Igor Pokrovsky igor.pokrovsky at cnrm.meteo.fr
Wed Sep 3 04:43:13 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:17:26PM +0500, Andrew Leikand wrote:
> Hello all,
>  well, the first problem i got is lsof wont work.
> I got the message "lsof: WARNING: compiled for FreeBSD release 4.3-RELEASE; this is 4.8-STABLE."
Seems that you have old lsof binary, recompile it.

>  Then I tried to to cvsup and rebuild world. The file i used is /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
> and tag is RELENG_4. After a few hours i got 4.9-PRERELEASE :(
> Next time i used RELENG_4_8 tag and got 4.8-RELEASE-p4 :((
You've got what was expected. It is normal. 4.8-STABLE changed to 4.9-PRERELEASE
before actual 4.9-RELEASE will be out. After that it will probably be called 4.9-STABLE,
or may 5.x branch will be called STABLE.

-ip

--
I think we can all agree that there is not enough common courtesy shown
... HEY!  PAY ATTENTION WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU DAMMIT!  I said I think