4.9 is now available

Dan Strick strick at covad.net
Thu Oct 30 09:32:59 PST 2003

On 30 Oct 2003, Peter N. M. Hansteen wote:

> Dan Strick <strick at covad.net> writes:
>
> > I did not attempted to burn and boot any of the 4.9 pre-release CDs
> > or any older FreeBSD release on either machine.
>
> trying to boot that machine from say, a 4.8-release and/or
> 4.9-prerelease CD would probably provide data which could be useful
> for re@

If anyone would like me to test a specific iso image, I can do that.
At the moment, the only pre-4.9-release iso image I have is 4.9-RC4
and I have not burned that one.  I can download and burn an earlier
release (the smaller the better) and I can try to dig up specific
version information about my BIOS (which must be a rather recent
AWARD BIOS).

Dan Strick
strick at covad.net