4.9: ata1-slave glitch causes hangs on rebooting

Dorin H. dhogea at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 16:49:10 PST 2003

Hi Jeff,
  IMHO, there is not always a direct connection
between the displayed message and problematic
device(different initialization latencies). For
example pccard on my laptop: I got them after the
login prompt is displayed :)
 Try also a "boot -v", maybe you can pinpoint the
problem.  Did 4.8 work on your lap? Maybe you should
include the ata0: ata1: displayed messages (got while
you do a cold boot) to your question.
  Good luck
/Dorin.

=====