4.9-RC panic on 24 hours

Michael W. Oliver michael at gargantuan.com
Sun Oct 26 12:02:52 PST 2003

Hi again stable folk.

CVSUP performed at: 2003.10.23.at.22.21.18 (EDT)

Now, I want to save some folks some time here and dispell some of the usual
reasons that are tossed my way when I bring up these 24 hour panics:

1) It is not happening at 3:00 AM, and I can run periodic anytime of the day
without incident.

2) The panics happened in the past, as this time, almost exactly on 24
hours, regardless of the time of day of the last panic or reboot.

3) The panics do not happen to coincide with any specific task in cron,
network activity, etc.

I am seriously contemplating moving back to RELENG_4_8 since I have had so
many problems with STABLE since the PAE import.  This isn't to say that my
problems are related to PAE, just that that's about the time that this
craziness started.

I hope that someone finds this information useful, and I am open to any
suggestions that anyone would like to present.

Thank you much!

---> backtrace, uname, dmesg

	http://michael.gargantuan.com/phoenix_panic.log

--
Mike
perl -e 'print unpack("u","88V]N=&%C=\"!I;F9O(&EN(&AE861E<G,*");'