Expert input required: P4 odd signals, no apparent memoryfault, DISABLE_PSE?

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 09:45:42 PDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> How recent is your copy of RELENG_4 ?  The PSE disable code was committed
> to the tree already as well as a fix so it would work with APM on the
> 17th.  By default it is disabled.  If you look at your dmesg.boot you
> should see
> Warning: Pentium 4 CPU: PSE disabled

Latest was pre-weekend; I'm just completing a fresh build now, so I hope
this'll lick the problem, thanks. (Incidentally this might well be worth
documenting in UPDATING since it's an issue that's been plaguing me [and
a few correspondents, according to emails I've had] for a while.)

Prolog in JavaScript: http://ioctl.org/logic/prolog-latest