4.9-PRERELEASE PAE panics Highpoint Raid module (hpt374.ko)

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Sun Oct 19 19:05:15 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:36:47AM -0400, Andrew Atrens wrote:

> I preload the module, and during boot I see a panic when it attempts to
> initialise.  100% reproducible. The panic seems to happen in
> pmap_kthread... (mumble) ... I got this from a ddb 'trace' command.

As I recall, with PAE things must be compiled into the kernel, because
modules don't see the necessary PAE switch during compilation.  That
said, I have no idea if the hpt driver has been updated for PAE.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.