puc(4) on SMP box

Dmitry Liakh dliakh at hansa.kiev.ua
Tue Oct 14 02:16:05 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:50:05PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:54:39PM +0300, Dmitry Liakh wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I've installed a puc(4) driven device on an SMP (2xPII) box and it causes
> > panics in a few minutes after someone dialed-in the modem connected to
> > (when there is some traffic going through the corresponding ppp iface).
> >
> > The device is Moxa C-104H/PCI. Yes, there is no support
> > for this device in puc(4), but I've insert a few lines from
> > http://www.opennet.ru/openforum/vsluhforumID1/25871.html into
> > /sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c and it became ``supported'' ;) (I've also seen
> > almost the same lines in pucdata.c in CURRENT code)
> >
> > I've tried it with RELENG_4 and RELENG_4_8 on the same SMP box with
> > options PUC_FASTINTR and COM_PULTIPORT turned on and off and
> > there is no difference - panics in all the cases.
>
> Please provide more details on the panic, like a traceback.
> I don't have the exact URL handy, but on www.FreeBSD.org there is
> information on how to obtain said information.

The only thing I found is
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern%2F42578 but, that's
quite unsuitable workaround IMHO :|

Regarding more detailed info on panics:
Unfortunately, I can't perform testing now, because it's a production
machine, sorry. Maybe on weekend, if it'll be possible.

--
WBR
Dmitry

jabber: dliakh at jabber.hansa.kiev.ua         tel. +380 44 463-7138