old hardware donation

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Mon Oct 13 12:18:32 PDT 2003

Hi,

I recently retired an old 486-based firewall.  It had some issues with the
case (my new PCI ethernet cards would not seat correctly in the case).  It
was running FreeBSD up until the big ATA driver changes, at which point it
started to panic on boot, so I switched to OpenBSD.

My question is, before I toss the board, PS, proc and memory in the trash,
would anyone involved with ATA driver development want this stuff?  At the
time I offered up access to the box via ssh or ssh/serial console, but
there were no takers.  The problem with the ATA controller (a UMC chip)
and seems limited to FreeBSD.

Any interested parties may contact me directly.

Feel free to forward this to anyone that might be interested but is not on
-stable.

Thanks,

Charles

--