Crashing box

Hani Mouneimne hani at nimsay-networks.com
Mon Oct 13 07:20:01 PDT 2003

Hey all,

I was wondering if you could help with this issue.

Eeverytime I run a make/compile on my freebsd 4.8 p10 systrem it has a
complete spaz and reboots. Usually cores and someimes gives no messages at
all in the logfiles.
Here is the latest output of a makeworld I am doing
="sh /usr/src/tools/install.sh"
PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/bin:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/games:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
make -f Makefile.inc1 par-depend
*** Signal 11
*** Signal 11
Killed

This is just one of many crashes of similar scale, Sefaulting is also
common.
I have changed the entire server hardware including the hard drive and it is
still doing this. It was fine with FreeBSD p0 so I am wondering it it could
be some code issue.

If anyone can shed any light I would be greatful.

Kind Regards
Hani Mouneimne