tcpslice out of date

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 9 10:10:53 PDT 2003

If memory serves me right, Damian Gerow wrote:
> I was working with tcpdump and tcpslice earlier today, and had a bit of a
> struggle when I found out that it's not Y2K compliant - it doesn't
> understand any year beyond 1999.  After stating this on a mailing list, it
> was pointed out that the current source is indeed compliant, but the
> FreeBSD source is a little out-dated.
>
> Any chance we could get an updated tcpslice (and possibly tcpdump, I
> haven't checked to see if it's out of date or not) imported after 4.9?

There's a newer (Y2K-compliant) version in ports (net/tcpslice).  I
was talking with Bill Fenner (CC-ed) about the possibility of
importing this newer version to the base system but I think both of us
had too many other things to deal with.  :-p

IMHO, we should either import a newer version to the base system or
kill it altogether and rely on the one in ports.

Bruce.