FreeBSD STABLE support for new motherboards

jon at witchspace.com jon at witchspace.com
Thu Oct 9 04:37:11 PDT 2003

> regis rampnoux wrote:
> | This audio controler on board which is NOT in supported hardware does
> | not seem to work but it is detected. Who can confirm me that the
> | driver does not support it?
> |
> | pcm0: <VIA VT8235> port 0xdc00-0xdcff irq 12 at device 17.5 on pci0
> | pcm0: <C-Media Electronics CMI9739 AC97 Codec>
>
> I'm afraid I cannot help you, but I do have the same problem. The driver
> seems
> to be detected, the driver's source code claims to support VT8235, but I
> don't
> hear anything from the speakers.
> I haven't found a solution anywhere, so far.

I can't remember exactly which audio controller I have on my board, but I
found that the socket used for audio output changes, depending on which
mode the controller is in.  I currently have to switch the speaker cable
when I switch between windows XP and FreeBSD (hopefull I'll be able to
resolve this when I get a chance to look into it).

Have you tried all the audio sockets on teh back??

Cheers,

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com