hang of new usb stack [was Re: Patch for boot-time USB hangs in 4.9-PRERELEASE]

Tijl Coosemans tijl at ulyssis.org
Mon Oct 6 12:15:36 PDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:08:22 +0100, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 02:05:51PM +0100, Ian Dowse wrote:
> >
> > Could people who are experiencing boot-time hangs in 4.9-PRERELEASE
> > try the following patch to see if it helps? I've had one positive
> > report so far, but it would be helpful to get more feedback to
> > determine if this is the right fix to be committed.
>
> I'm interested in whether this fix also fixes the boot time handing of
> the new usb stack.  Perhaps any interested parties could test it and
> let me know?
>
> The new usb patch to RELENG_4 as of today is at:
>
>     http://www.josef-k.net/misc/RELENG_4-USB-20031005.patch.gz

I get the following error during a make buildworld:

===> usr.sbin/usbdevs
cc -O2 -pipe -march=pentium -I/usr/src/usr.sbin/usbdevs/../../sys -c
/usr/src/usr.sbin/usbdevs/usbdevs.c
/usr/src/usr.sbin/usbdevs/usbdevs.c: In function `usbdev':
/usr/src/usr.sbin/usbdevs/usbdevs.c:91: structure has no member named
`udi_lowspeed'
*** Error code 1