cd0/1a device became invalid between Sep 2 and Oct 1

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd-stable at webteckies.org
Sat Oct 4 04:35:31 PDT 2003

On Saturday 04 October 2003 11:27, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd-stable at webteckies.org> probably said:
> > just noticed that I can't mount anything anymore on the cd[01]a devices
> > anymore. The cd[01]c devices work correctly, as does the acd[01]a device.
> > These are an ATAPI dvd writer (cd0) and a dvd player(cd1) trough cam(4).
> >
> > This applies to both dvd and cd media. Remaking the device through
> > MAKEDEV has no influence. Nothing reported by dmesg.
>
> Have you run mergemaster and then removed/receated the device files ?

Yep, and the only difference in MAKEDEV between that period, is the script
logic of how fw* devices are created.

The only changes in the kernel's idents, seem to be related to sound and
network devices. Diff is attached.

--
Melvyn
FreeBSD ghost.lan.webteckies.org 4.9-RC FreeBSD 4.9-RC #6: Wed Oct  1 07:44:36