cvsup error (again)

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Oct 2 03:40:14 PDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:53:19AM +0700, zen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> i just cvsup my machine yesterday.
> but when i tried to make build kernel it shown this message :
>
> config: /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/TRISTANIA:52: devices with zero units are not likely to be correct
> *** Error code 1
>
> every time i remarked those line, it came up with another error on
> another line on my kernel.
>
> could you please tell me what should i do? because it's a production
> box.

You're trying to build a 5.x kernel with a 4.x kernel config file.
Either you updated to 5.x by accident (compare your cvsupfile to the
example files and fix appropriately), or you need to revise your
kernel config file based on the new syntax (compare your config file
to the sample configs like GENERIC).

Kris