Does 4.9-RELEASE work with 3Ware RAID card?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Sun Nov 30 18:19:57 PST 2003

At 03:36 PM 11/30/2003, Robert Watson wrote:

>Not sure if you ever got an answer to the affirmative, but I'm running
>several personal servers on 4.9-RC and 4.9-RELEASE quite smoothly with the
>twe driver.

I got some encouraging reports, and so tried it. The machine, which has
an Escalade 6800, does seem to be running OK. I had to upgrade it to the
latest firmware, as you mentioned -- not only to make it stable but to
get it to recognize large hard drives and enable the use of a "hot spare."
For some reason, 3Ware requires you to upgrade twice -- once to an intermediate
version and then to the latest -- if you still have the original firmware on
the board, which this one did.

--Brett Glass