Dell Inspiron 1100 and FreeBSD

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Sun Nov 30 18:12:37 PST 2003

>>>>> "pirat" == pirat  <pirat at access.inet.co.th> writes:

pirat> my bios version is A23 so that i am not sure if i need to do
pirat> patching for DSDT or not.  but if i have to do, i do not find
pirat> intel disassembler from freebsd port tree.  i am using
pirat> 4.9-stable

As with all Dell BIOS's that I've encountered recently, all Dell ACPI
code right up to A23 for the 1100 is riddled with bugs.  If you email
me directly, I can get you a corrected one.

For instance, without a corrected DSDT, believe-it-or-not, your
builtin mouse won't work !?!

Dave.