problem with Keyboard on SMP

Yuri Khotyaintsev yuri at irfu.se
Fri Nov 28 05:32:29 PST 2003

I have a very strange problem with keyboard on my SMP mashines. Button 'e' on
the keyboard seems to be dead. Other buttons work OK. This is NOT a broken
keyboard.

More details:
I observe this on two SMP (2xPII and 2xPIII) servers running 4.9.
The first mashine (PII) was not showing such behaviour before I installed a
second processor. The second mashine (PIII) was running Linux before (same
hardware), and the problem was not present. But it is there with 4.9-GENERIC
kernel.

I was not paying much attention to this when it was only on one mashine, but
now I have two. This two are all of my SMP/STABLE mashines, other SMP servers
are running current and have no problems.

Have anybody seen something like this?

Do I need to give some special flags to atkbd in kernel config?

Yuri