4.9-RELEASE HTT support ?

Pete French petefrench at keithprowse.com
Thu Nov 27 08:27:09 PST 2003

So I finally got a new machine at work - being a Dell P4 with HTT
on it. As I normally use SMP machines I thought I would have a goat
getting this running.

Running the box with an SMP kernel but machdep.hlt_logical_cpus set
to "1" works fine. Seem rock solid and stable, but all processes are running
on logical CPU 0.

Altering machdep.hlt_logical_cpus to be "0" and I get what I would
expect - a mix of processes running on CPU's 0 and 1.

But if I try and do any large compiles (e.g. a make buildkernel) then
random processes die with signal 11. I would usually associate this
with bad memory, but it only happens when I am running HTT.

Had anybody else expereinced anything similar ?

-pcf.