da doesn't attach to usb memory card

Marton Kenyeres mkenyeres at konvergencia.hu
Wed Nov 26 08:14:56 PST 2003

Hi all,

I'm playing with a usb memory card (aka. pen drive) which identifies itself
as:

/kernel: umass0: Intelligent Stick Intelligent Stick, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2

My current system is 4.9-STABLE built from todays sources. The problem is that
allthough the umass driver attaches to the device, da does not.

# camcontrol devlist
<USB Card Intelligent Stic 2.02>   at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0)

No sign of da0 in dmesg either :/

If I issue a camcontrol rescan command only thing I get is:

/kernel: umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
/kernel: umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
/kernel: umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT

repeating endlessly.

Strange enough the same device did show up as da0 with a 4.9-RC kernel built
on  October 20th:

/kernel: da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
/kernel: da0: <USB Card Intelligent Stic 2.02> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2
device
/kernel: da0: 650KB/s transfers
/kernel: da0: 127MB (260800 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 127C)

It even worked if I booted with the device plugged in.

I can test any patches/provide more info on request. Any ideas, RTFMs, hints
wellcome.

Cheers,

Marton Kenyeres - mkenyeres at konvergencia.hu
KVG Konvergencia Kft.