sil 0680 RAID 1

Bognár Zsolt zsozso at vfemail.net
Tue Nov 25 02:51:02 PST 2003

I  purchased a Sil680 IDE RAID controller, and have setup a mirrored RAID
array.
My problem is, FreeBSD 4.8 and 4.9 GENERIC does not recognize them as one
disk.
I checked the hardware notes, and "Sil680 UDMA6" is listed.

I have one ad4 and one ad6 disk. (I can see same partition and data on both
of them)
Finally, the mirroring works fine but if the ad4 disk goes wrong, the BSD
can't mount the root disk from ad6.(boot is OK)

Is there anyway to get the FreeBSD to recognize my RAID array?

Thanks

Zsolt Bognar