ppp(8) v. 3.1 : PPPoE lqr problem.

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Nov 24 09:52:16 PST 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 17:35, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> given that VJ Header compression also does not play well with FreeBSD's
> I am leaning to the ERX.

Right, vjcomp, I don't need to disable that here as well...

> Back to the original question of how best to work around this.  I will be
> deploying close to 100 boxes, most of which will talk to an ERX. It would
> be nice if I could avoid having to manually patch the boxes each time I do
> an update.  If I work with my programmers here to come up with a patch, is
> there even a chance that someone would commit it to HEAD and then MFC it
> back to RELENG_4?  Who is looking after PPP these days anyways ?

I guess there is a definite chance, it's not like ppp's pppoe functionality is
some rarely-used feature... I myself am only a lowly ports-committer, but if
you submit a PR and send me a note, I'll make sure it gets assigned to brian
(or maybe there are already PRs pending?).

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org